In late 2000, Stan developed a method of converting an existing mountain bike rim and tire to tubeless use. By removing the traditional tube and replacing it with a molded rubber rim strip to seal the spoke bed of the rim and a liquid tire sealant to seal the tire and prevent punctures, a whole world of opportunities was created.
Converting existing wheels and tires to tubeless ...
- costs hundreds less than other dedicated tubeless sytems.
- reduces tire rolling resistance.
- improves traction, comfort and control of the bike.
- allows for incredible puncture protection and reduced pinch flats.
- can reduce rotating weight where it matters most, the outside of the wheel.
Stan's Tubeless Conversion Kits contain everything you need to convert an existing tube-type mountain bike (or cyclocross) rim and tire to tubeless use.
- 2 molded rim strips with integrated valve
- 1 Pint of Stan's Tire Sealant
- 1 roll of Universal Kit Tape
- Detailed installation instructions
- NoTubes decal
Converting requires very little mechanical ability but it is important to follow the Instructions. We recommend viewing the instructional Installation Video for additional assistance. Your local bike shop is also a great resource.
Determing the proper kit for your rims or wheels is simple. Browse the selections below to find your rim or wheel listed or consult our detailed guide, Selecting the Proper Kit.